Tsalagi hellbilly

Tsalagi hellbilly

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Looking into New Worlds

The world you create is the world you become as a god. A world of hopes, dreams, and imagination. This may be most true when it comes to comic book universes. The artists and writers are ever looking through the lens to the countless worlds beyond the thin veil of fantasy and gaze through time and space.

Each time I read a comic or graphic novel, I feel I have been transported to another world. Peering through the lens at something these gods [creators] bring into existence. In last night's episode of Legion, David taught his father [Charles Xavior] how to pull something from his mind into reality within the astral plane. This is a beautiful metaphor of these creators bringing forth from their minds onto comic book pages worlds for us to explore.

As a child, I created many worlds from my imagination. At times I would lose myself within that world to hide from the pain of reality. I loved to draw and write, but sadly, it wasn't enough to keep the pain away. My worlds went from vibrancy to darkness and dread. A supervillain like Galactus was devouring and killing all within. This supervillain was Depression along with his heralds, Drugs, and alcohol.

But my love for comics never went away. If I could, I would spoof Dee Snyder's song, "For The Love Of Metal" and call it "For The Love Of Comics." I continued to collect and deal comics pretty successfully. Watching new worlds being lost and others birthed into existence. One that I am especially excited about is, The Omenverse.  Check out the preview pages below.



This is a small glimpse into this universe. If want to know more about...




 Feel free to ask below. Also, any comments you wish to make is welcomed.

Bud





1 comment:

  1. I'm proud to be a part of your escape to new worlds. Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete