Tsalagi hellbilly

Tsalagi hellbilly

Saturday, August 17, 2019

The Price

In the song, "The Price" by Twisted Sister, we're asked the question, "Makes me wonder if it's worth it to carry on?" Are we willing to pay the price to see our dream come true?  Are we willing to endure the hard times? Many have dreamt about becoming a comic book artist or writer only never to see it come true. As in all entertainment, it is hard to get your big break.

It takes hard work, dedication, perseverance, talent, and a bit of luck. One artist comes to mind; Greg Boone. Greg may be best known for his work in the Gannett News Service, Batman Annual #13, and the UFO Mafia. But in 1986, he self-published "Miss Ma'am's Intergalactic Fried And Superhero Club." Read his words on the inside front cover.




This comic was a one and done. The color copies never came to be. While it may be the end for this title, it wasn't the end for Mr. Boone.


Many struggles in comics, but are you willing to pay the price?  The geek community supports one another. The reason I want to help as many as I can is that I let my dreams slip away. I can't undo what has happened, but I can do my best to help someone else. Please Support Indie Comics. When you do, you are not just ensuring great books get published, but making dreams come true.

Here is the cover and samples from the inside pages. Miss Ma'am Intergalactic Fried Chicken And Superhero Club, September, 1986. Star-Shepherd Ltd.


Sorry for the piss poor quality of the pics.

Follow me on Twitter, @budkelly3


1 comment:

  1. Definitely a hard road to walk. If I was in this for any other reason than this is what I want to do it would not be worth it. I have invested thousands to make Omen Comics & will likely invest thousands more. But I didn't do this for money or fame. I did this because I have wanted to make comics for 31 years (since I was 12) and I an determined to get my story told. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete