Tsalagi hellbilly

Tsalagi hellbilly

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Remembering Freddy

In the 1980s I tried to get into underground comics. I liked the freedom of self-publishing. The Freak Brothers was a huge influence on me and artistic style. A cartoon with a little dirty humor. First real character I had done was one called Freddy Feather:



Though I sold a few comic books it never took off. It was a lot harder than I thought. Especially trying to do it on my own. I started the process of getting Freddy into syndication but soon drugs and other nasty habits came first. The money to support my habits was quite a lot. And then other things came in as a factor and life went on without Freddy.

I done other characters and projects. Mostly for charities and friends.Now I am in my "golden years" with more wasted years than productive.

I been collecting comics all my life. Sadly, I sold some years ago to support my habits.However, I continued to collect and deal them. In fact I collect all things pop culture.That brings me a lot of joy but I wish I could have continued with my art. Refining and improving upon it. I have a small tremor in my hands which affects how well I can draw. But I am trying to get back to doing something I love. I have left the hard drugs behind and trying to move forward with life. And Freddy, I have not forgotten about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment